4/9/08

Open Studios Gifts



Last year at Make It U Virginia Spiegel presented me with a lovely gift. This year I'm coming prepared to share gifts with the other open studios artists. I made some rolls of dyed, printed fabric tied up with paper beads. The process for making these fabrics is easy (to me). Soak some plain muslin sheets (approx. 8 1/2 x 11") in Bubble Jet Set for 5 minutes. Squeeze them gently dry and iron them to dry them completely. Pour the BJS back into the bottle for later use. Iron the sheets to freezer paper and cut to 8 1/2 x 11" to feed through your inkjet printer. For mine I printed on some alphabets in various fonts. Let them air dry for 30 minutes and iron. Remove them from the freezer paper and pop them into some dye (I used Procion MX dyes) for an hour. Rinse and iron.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/25/2008

    Loved this idea. I'm currently nursing 2 badly burned fingers and was browsing for ideas to use my stash of dyed paper. This idea will ahve to wait but the I'm sure I can mamage some paper quilts. Thank you

    ReplyDelete