2/21/10

Stitch Painting Pie, Cats and More

It seems that I really need to expand my repetoire of "things I can draw." Thread, pie, cats? Harrumph.
I continue, however, to be smitten with the idea of painting on old text pages....so that there is a dialogue going on behind my overt image dialogue. I am running out of my favorite pages in this great "Scientific Cooking" book I found at an antique mall. Somehow I'm less interested in the seafood section than I am in baking! If you enlarge the image, you can see all the delicious words like gingerbread, doughnuts, scalded milk, yeast cakes, sugar, butter...yum.

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! Although, I would fear weight gain!!!
    However, the potential of old poetry books and the like depending the occasion for the piece one is making.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and I love all the fresh bold colors. All the better it's on old cookbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in this piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pie is wonderful! I love art on old pages too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm. a food theme. What a surprise!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thread, pie, and cats, eh? Well, that's 3 more things than I can draw! Actually, I guess I can doodle a pretty good sunflower. But that's about it!

    Seriously - I love your artwork. Those bright colours are fabulous, especially at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool, Kelli!!! I finally was able to order a copy of your book ... now, to make myself some time to PLAY!!

    Cheers,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will painting over the calorie count make it guilt free?
    :) Seriously ... fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, girl - your blog looks great!! I hadn't been over here in a while...love the header!!

    ReplyDelete