2/22/06

Finally--something of interest!


I have to say that this is the most satisfying work I've done in forever. I wanted to play with texture and also my new golden fluid acrylics finally came. I stumbled upon a book titled Celebrate Your Creative Self and it's got my interest. There are some combined techniques here, starting with getting my husband to cut some masonite panels into atc-sized bits. I needed something heavier as I wanted to work with encaustics and they can't be allowed to bend much. "For I have had too much" is encaustic wax scribed and painted with acrylics. The others are a combination of textured gessos, fluid acrylics and stuff. You know, stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have been inspired by "Celebrate your Creative Self." Mary Todd Beam really has a way of getting your creative juices flowing!
    Carol
    http://www.silverspringstudio.com

    ReplyDelete