3/16/11

Citra Solv Backgrounds YES!

I was so intrigued by Diana Trout's video on using Citra Solv with old National Geographic magazines that I was sitting on my hands until I could get some. There are tons of these old mags around. If your library has a used bookstore, check there. I tried this with a couple of other magazines and it doesn't work in the same way. The added bonus is that my work table has never looked so clean (and it smells citrusy fresh)! I'm definitely hooked on Citra Solv and soon I'll try some of the other experiments, like image transfer onto fabric. The Citra Solv folks have embraced artists and have a whole section of their site devoted to delightful things you can do with this product. How fun is that? I couldn't wait to share a few of the beautiful pages that came from my first experiment with a single issue of NG. I've photographed them and now can use them for all sorts of digital graphics. I'll probably print them out on fabric! They would also look spectacular worked into an encaustic panel. More to come.


7 comments:

  1. Your pages turned out awsome, I watched her video but have and read the article about using Citra Solv but not haven't tried. Need to add to my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once took a 3-day collage workshop from Althea Brimm, and she had this lucious paper for us to use ... many of the pieces had been done with Citra Solve on National Geo pages - I've got the Citra Solve, I've got the mags - now I'm inspired AGAIN to get it done! thank you for posting this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, these pages are beautiful. I've tried it before, but they didn't come out this good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great results here! People keep asking me what YEARS from the NG work? I've had success with the later years (post 2000).

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. l love using this stuff....like what you have donex lynda

    ReplyDelete