3/22/15

Bottle Cap Tree






My bottle cap obsession knows no bounds, so with the help of a lot of friends, I've amassed an impressive collection of thousands of bottle caps from all over the world. When this crabapple tree died, it was time to make my move. First I stripped it of bark and applied a few coats of linseed oil to protect it. Once that task was complete, I prepared my bottle caps.
 
For each bottle cap, I drove a small finishing nail through the center. Then I took bucketfuls out to the tree and started the hard work. Pound pound pound to attach each cap. After doing a section, I sprayed them with varnish to try and preserve the color from the harsh rays of the sun. 

 Stay tuned for more. This project is not yet finished!

5 comments:

  1. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I love this. You are so innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea and love the outcome so far

    ReplyDelete