8/27/07

Dyeing Session




Here are the first of my dyed fabric experiments. I spent all of Sunday with my hands in the dye pot and today I had to keep explaining to people why my hands were purple. The first stage was dyeing and then I moved on to stamping with textile paints and using Shiva paintsticks. My favorite so far is the beeswax resist cloth, which is the deep purple with x's and o's. I overstamped it with gold. I'm not sure I'm done with these yet, but there are still a few yards to be stamped in round one!

5 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over your fabulous fabric dyeing and stamping results. My favorites are the two pinky ones in the lower right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out lovely! What are your plans for them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on a project for a book which comes out next fall and am using these luscious fabrics for that. Having fun, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying your blog. I just posted on mine about trying your thread sketching techniques after reading the CPS article.

    ReplyDelete