11/27/07

Mica Cemeteries


This is an experiment that worked beautifully, but I haven't determined the final product yet. Originally I was going to attach them to some cutouts in a fabric book, but I'm not sure yet. The photos were taken in some New Orleans cemeteries I visited (pre-Katrina). It's been awhile since I finished these, so bear with me. I think I copied them on a laser printer in black and white, then burnished them to some packing tape. Then I wetted the back and removed the paper, leaving a transparency. I attached the transparency to a mica chip with gel medium, then I colored them with alcohol inks. I love the effect and plan to finish something with them! Well, here's one anyway. Seemingly I accidentally chucked the other photos in the trash. Rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment