4/13/08

Over The Ocean


I need to say "thank you" a hundred times over to all the great friends who stopped by to say hello to me. When I make art, it's often in a vacuum. I'm alone in the studio and working in my head. But it's the sharing it that brings me the most joy. And hearing that you've been inspired to create through something that I've done means the world to me. We are on this journey together, in many ways. This was brought home to me most vividly during conversations with a wonderful kindred spirit named Jamie. She hopped the big pond to bring me a huge cup of cheer and share her wisdom about life, art, love, friendships and change. I am humbled and encouraged by her enthusiasm. I will be thinking about our conversations for a long time. Here's Headmistress Jamie with her mica tag book.

No comments:

Post a Comment