7/16/12

Scribble Curtains for Color


I just had to share these gorgeous curtains Shivaun in New Zealand made with my Scribblepaper design on Spoonflower! This design came about when I photographed LOTS of different stitchpapers I'd made and put some of those images together in a grid. My secret recipe and instructions for stitchpaper (paper cloth) are available in "Stitch Alchemy: Combining Fabric + Paper for Mixed Media Art." People are smitten with Shivauna's handiwork and for good cause. I love the way she accented  the purple with her colorful pillows. Awesome work! Here's what she had to say:

"I made curtains for our spare bedroom. They have been much admired so far. I'm very pleased with the look of them and thinking about making blinds for another room too...I had admired this design for quite a while and when Spoonflower offered free shipping for a tiny window of opportunity to New Zealand I took it as shipping it here would cost an and a leg. The customs department here had other ideas though and charged me duty on non-existent shipping costs. My husband protested but no change. I'm going to go back and try and win that one. All's well that ends well though with beautiful unique curtains."


Thanks to Shivauna for letting me share her fantastic project!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Terrific fabric and terrific application and use! Now I have curtain envy! Lori W at Art Camp for Women

    ReplyDelete