I am so honored to be tagged for "7 Things" by spectacular diva Deb Silva! Especially since I'm such a poor blogger. I really do read all the lovely posts and emails from old and new friends, but it is so hard to find time to do the blog justice. Now, if you'll just stop over to my house I'll chat your ear off. But when it comes to choosing between typing about art and actually doing it...I head for the studio.
1. I got remarried in a haunted house on Halloween a couple of years ago. Everyone was dressed in costumes. It was a blast! My dearest had a flowing black velvet cape and I was ravishing in my emerald gothic-inspired corseted gown. Our cake was topped with a wonderful array of sugar skulls in Dia de los Muertos theme. What wedding would be complete without some dry ice flowing out of a cauldron and his and hers tombstones?
2. My (currently) purple hair was inspired by my daughter's awesome atomic pink hair!
3. I get notes from the Universe each day and they do a tremendous amount for my spirit, plus they crack me up because the Universe, as it turns out, is a stitch! I got the idea from the lovely artist Violette (a hero of mine).
4. I want to be a gypsy in my next life. What? No next life?
5. My favorite quote is: "I'd gone through life believing in the strength and competence of others; never in my own. Now, dazzled, I discovered that my capacities were real. It was like finding a fortune in the lining of an old coat." ~(Joan Mills) I'm still finding that fortune on a daily basis and it never ceases to amaze me! Never throw away that old coat.
6. I'm a librarian, yet I cut up books in my free time (for altering). It's a good thing I'm not a heart surgeon.
7. I've made tens of thousands of bars of handmade soap and people are still mad at me for giving it up for art. But one can only have a single mistress, right? At least in Michigan. Maybe in Utah you can make soap and make art, but I can't chance it here.
Now I get to tag some victims....I pick Amy, Jean, Nicci, Judi, Jamie, Ang and Cheryl!